- Kinder Morgan Organizes Meeting With Farmers During Their Busy SeasonPosted 7 hours ago
- Ji Sup Kim Headed For National Chemistry Olympiad Training CampPosted 21 hours ago
- School Twinning Helps Bring Cultures, Faiths TogetherPosted 2 days ago
- Abby Black Score Early And Often SaturdayPosted 4 days ago
- Cycling4Diversity – The Journey Begins AgainPosted 5 days ago
- JAAZPosted 6 days ago
- Jason Brown Wins Awards In National Photography CompetitionPosted 8 days ago
- Abbotsford Slo-Pitch StandingsPosted 8 days ago
Travel The World: Katie And Evan Are Fine Despite Violence in Egypt
We got a note from Katie Powell’s Mom Carol telling us that Katie and Evan (Team Kevan) are doing fine and that, because of the violence in Egypt the folks at On the Go Tours has decided to move them to a coastal town in Morocco.Said Carol, “I just thought I would let you know what is happening with Katie and Evan on their trip. As you may know, they were to fly today from Marrakesh to Casablanca then on to Cairo. Due to the unrest in Egypt, “On the Go Tours” has opted to detour them for the time being and has sent them to a coastal town in Morocco. They will wait there until the end of the week and at that time depending on the stability in Egypt a decision will be made to take a shorter tour of Egypt or not. On the Go Tours is keeping us up to date and I am confident they will ensure their safety.
“I had a Skype conversation with Katie and Evan today and she told me about their camel riding, quading and sand boarding adventures. It sounds like they are being well taken care. Their guide and fellow travelers are wonderful and there have been surprise greetings for Team Kevan from the locals all throughout their Moroccan tour. They are being treated like celebrities. Tonight she is going out to dine on a Moroccan delicacy, sheep’s head. She is right into that but Evan is opting for a salad!
“Thank you for all your support, I know Katie very much appreciates you running her story.”
Abbotsford Today has provided a Home Page link to their page so please, check in on them regularly, ask them questions and encourage them on their adventure.
To access Team Kevan’s blog simply use the link on the right hand side of the page or Click Here.