- Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus
- R.I.P. Bas Stevens
- BC Supreme Court rules homeless have right to public spaces
- Breakfast with the Chief
- Central Fraser Valley Transit Service Change September 30
- Parks and Recreation in Abbotsford
- The Way Forward for Abbotsford Today
- Unleash the Innerwild, then strike an Even Keel in the Envision Financial Concert in the Park Series
Statement From Mayor Braun Regarding APD Allegations
Release. The Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner issued a media statement earlier today (February 18, 2015) in relation to an ongoing investigation involving serious allegations against members of the Abbotsford Police Department.
The Abbotsford Police Board is aware of this investigation and has been regularly apprised of the progress of the investigation by Chief Constable, Bob Rich and his management team.
The Board supports a thorough investigation of this important matter and has complete faith in the Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner in bringing this investigation to resolution.
The Board has the utmost confidence in the Abbotsford Police Department and cautions the public drawing any conclusion before this matter has been resolved and the facts released.
“It is important to remember that this investigation began with APD officers who brought forward the alleged wrongdoing by Constable Nicholson,” said Abbotsford Mayor and Police Board Chair, Henry Braun. “I believe that this fact alone speaks volumes about the integrity of the Abbotsford Police Department. This is an ongoing investigation and we need to wait for the full facts to be known before the Board considers any response or action.”