- Elsay Performs SaturdayPosted 1 day ago
- The Austerity Trap … It Doesn’t WorkPosted 2 days ago
- More Than Two Thousand Graduate From UFVPosted 2 days ago
- George Murray Responds To Questions On Chicken Manure Homeless InicidentPosted 3 days ago
- Books: New Research Institute Explores Works Of Lewis And TolkienPosted 3 days ago
- Our Collective SilencePosted 5 days ago
- Ernie’s ChallengePosted 7 days ago
- Free Mental Health Training Program Receives Extended Life From Local DoctorsPosted 8 days ago
Sports: Heat Trounce Houston 4 – 1 At Home Wednesday
From aeros.com. Joel Broda had the only goal for the Houston Aeros in a 4-1 loss to the Abbotsford Heat Wednesday night at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC).
Akim Aliu scored twice for the Heat, who pulled four points ahead of Houston in the AHL’s Western Conference playoff race. The Aeros hold the eighth and final playoff spot.Aliu staked the Heat to a 1-0 lead midway through the first period before the teams expolded for three tallies in 1:13 in the middle stanza. Nick Tuzzolino made it a 2-0 game for Abbotsford at 12:23. Joel Broda cut the lead in half 14 seconds later with his 11th goal of the season for Houston, but Aliu answered 59 seconds later to give the Heat a 3-1 advantage.
Hugh Jessiman added a goal at 16:12 of the third period for the Heat.
Matt Keetley stopped 11 of 14 in goal for the Aeros. Joe Fallon relieved Keetley after Aliu’s second goal and stopped eight of nine in 26 minutes of action. Leland Irving made 25 saves for the Heat.
To purchase tickets to the next home game please use the link on the right hand side of the page or simply Click Here