- School Twinning Helps Bring Cultures, Faiths TogetherPosted 10 hours ago
- Abby Black Score Early And Often SaturdayPosted 2 days ago
- Cycling4Diversity – The Journey Begins AgainPosted 3 days ago
- JAAZPosted 5 days ago
- Jason Brown Wins Awards In National Photography CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Abbotsford Slo-Pitch StandingsPosted 6 days ago
- UPDATE Missing Person Blossom De Bruin LocatedPosted 7 days ago
- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 7 days ago
Quotable: After All … It’s Working Soooo Well
UPDATED 17/08/11 – COMMENTS RECEIVED – With the gangland killing of Jonathon Bacon in Kelowna over the weekend it is refreshing to hear the minister responsible for spending all the money on the issue tell us how well it’s working.
Arresting and charging hundreds of people and spending millions of dollars has had such an positive impact on the gang problem in BC … hasn’t it?
What a moment to pick to make such a ludicrous statement.
“Over 200 organized crime and gang members and associates have been arrested and charged with more than 400 serious offences since we brought in the gangs and guns strategy in February 2009.”
“Since 2008-2009 our government invested B.C.’s full $53.3 million share of the Police Officer Recruitment Fund for additional policing positions dedicated to combating gun, gang and organized crime. I can assure you, the province is committed to the continuing funding of these dedicated resources.” – Public Safety Minister Shirley Bond