- Cycling4Diversity – The Journey Begins AgainPosted 10 hours ago
- JAAZPosted 2 days ago
- Jason Brown Wins Awards In National Photography CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Abbotsford Slo-Pitch StandingsPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE Missing Person Blossom De Bruin LocatedPosted 4 days ago
- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 5 days ago
- AFD Issues Flood Warning For Unprotected AreasPosted 5 days ago
- Liberals Sweep Abbotsford, MissionPosted 6 days ago
Provincial Politics: Coleman Says Gill Didn’t Want To Run
Yesterday, Aldergrove-Fort Langley MLA and cabinet minister Rich Coleman reacted to accusations that he had masterminded Plecas’s appointment along with Abbotsford MLA and cabinet minister Mike de Jong by saying that Moe Gill had voluntarily stepped aside.
According to CKNW “The Deputy Premier is wading into an internal dispute over the BC Liberal nomination process in the riding of Abbotsford South.
“Rich Coleman says Abbotsford councillor Moe Gill didn’t even want to run in the riding.
“‘Moe Gill signed a letter that he sent to the party saying that he wanted to no longer run in Abbotsford South but wanted to run in Abbotsford Mission. He signed that letter I wasn’t present when he did that. I met with Moe a few months ago and had a chat with him about running and you know encouraged him to do so I did tell him that there were two options which were the two ridings.’”
For his part, Gill had a completely different version of events.
According to the Vancouver Sun, “Gill, meanwhile, said he was asked to a meeting with a party official at Abbotsford’s Cactus Club restaurant, where he was told he wouldn’t be the candidate.
“‘I said, ‘Don’t do this to me’ and they said, ‘Too bad, you’re not accepted.’
Gill said he was then “bullied’ into signing a statement that he would instead seek the Liberal nomination in neighbouring Abbotsford-Mission.
“‘I was desperate, so I signed,’ Gill said. “But I have no support in Abbotsford-Mission. I’m finished. This party just took me out, they destroyed me.’”
For a full background on the issue please Click Here.