- Abby Black Score Early And Often SaturdayPosted 2 days ago
- Cycling4Diversity – The Journey Begins AgainPosted 3 days ago
- JAAZPosted 4 days ago
- Jason Brown Wins Awards In National Photography CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Abbotsford Slo-Pitch StandingsPosted 6 days ago
- UPDATE Missing Person Blossom De Bruin LocatedPosted 6 days ago
- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 7 days ago
- AFD Issues Flood Warning For Unprotected AreasPosted 8 days ago
News: APD Constable Doug Lemna Charged With Assault
UPDATED 03/01/10 -COMMENTS RECEIVED – A member of the Abbotsford Police Department (APD) is being charged with assault, it was learned today, as a result of an investigation into actions taken during an investigation into a mischief complaint last September. On Wed, Sept. 2, 2009 at 4:15 a.m. the Abbotsford Police were called to a reported mischief in progress in the 2600 block of Jasper Court. The caller indicated that they heard breaking glass and people yelling. Patrol Division members attended the area and observed two individuals on bicycles. These individuals initially fled from police but were ultimately located and detained as persons possibly involved in the disturbance.
An issue with the use of force utilized by one of the police officers was brought to the attention of Chief Constable Rich. Chief Rich ordered that an investigation of the incident be initiated and he reassigned the officer to an administrative position.
As a result of this investigation, a report to Crown Counsel was prepared by the Abbotsford Police DepartmentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Professional Standards Section. A charge of assault has now been approved by Crown Counsel.
Charged is Cst. Doug Lemna, a 19 year member of the Abbotsford Police Department.