- Elsay Performs SaturdayPosted 1 day ago
- The Austerity Trap … It Doesn’t WorkPosted 2 days ago
- More Than Two Thousand Graduate From UFVPosted 2 days ago
- George Murray Responds To Questions On Chicken Manure Homeless InicidentPosted 3 days ago
- Books: New Research Institute Explores Works Of Lewis And TolkienPosted 3 days ago
- Our Collective SilencePosted 5 days ago
- Ernie’s ChallengePosted 7 days ago
- Free Mental Health Training Program Receives Extended Life From Local DoctorsPosted 8 days ago
Fashion: Hairsylist Program Students Showcase A Staged Extravaganza Of Wearable Art
Submitted. On November 24, 2011, at the Abbotsford Arts Centre, 2329 Crescent Way, Abbotsford, the current SD 34 Hairstylist Program students under the direction of Hairstylist Program instructor Nadia Moore, will showcase a staged extravaganza of wearable art.
The hair show theme is television, and will feature four â€˜TV channelsâ€™ inspired by the world of television, past and present:
- The Hair Fashion Channel
- The Cartoon Channel
- The Channel Changer
- The Global Channel
Exploring the history of the cartoon, these hair designs incorporate classic styles straight from the comic strips of the 1940â€™s and 1950â€™s. Think rockabilly hair, victory rolls, Elvis and the birth of rock nâ€™ roll, Superman and Lois Lane – a nostalgic trip down memory lane.
A student interpretation of globalization and an exploration of culture, the global channel stretches the imagination with fantasy pieces that incorporate one of four global and seasonal themes.
Avant Garde looks are inspired from an Asian spring, a Middle Eastern summer, an Indigenous fall, and an old European winter.
â€œAn astounding hair showâ€ â€œHighly sophisticatedâ€ â€œLabour intensiveâ€ â€œDramatic, creative and truly fantastic hair sculptures.â€ â€“ The Abbotsford Times.
Tickets are $5.00 and are available at Abbotsford Collegiate (2329 Crescent Way) or at the door. The box office opens at 6:30 pm, and the curtain goes up at 7:00 pm.