Image note: Kristina Paule presents Stan Petersen with a Lead Well Program $500 donation
As part of their Lead Well Program, Envision Financial has awarded Kristina Paule with a $500 donation to the charity of her choice. Kristina chose to support the educational programs with Heart to Heart Haiti. Envision Financial, and its parent company First West Credit Union, donate more than $31,000 annually to local charities through this program. Employees are selected through a lottery system and they qualify for the draw by taking part in volunteer activities throughout the community!
H2H is a local Abbotsford charity that supports a school, home, scholarship program and other services in Grande Goave, Haiti:
- The school employs 24 staff and has 450+ students (Grades 1-6). A hot meal is provided to every student daily as well as school uniforms.
- H2H also created a 4-year teacher training program that has been approved by the Minister of Education so that graduates receive a certificate recognized by the Haitian government. The teacher program is taught by volunteer teachers, principals and administrators from Abbotsford, BC.
- The home is an orphanage/residence that houses 100+ Haitian children and provides food, shelter, medical care, personal care, education. There is no fee for children living in the home and has 15 Haitian staff.
- The H2H scholarship program is available to students living in the home and who have completed their high school education.
- Other services include medical clinics and church services
If you’d like to learn more about Heart to Heart Haiti, please visit their web site at http://www.hearttohearthaiti.com/