- Abby Black Score Early And Often SaturdayPosted 10 hours ago
- Cycling4Diversity – The Journey Begins AgainPosted 1 day ago
- JAAZPosted 3 days ago
- Jason Brown Wins Awards In National Photography CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Abbotsford Slo-Pitch StandingsPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE Missing Person Blossom De Bruin LocatedPosted 5 days ago
- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 5 days ago
- AFD Issues Flood Warning For Unprotected AreasPosted 6 days ago
Education: UFV Today Blog Shares Stories Of Students, Success And Community
Submitted. A new blog is providing the community with an interactive way to keep in touch with the University of the Fraser Valley.
The UFV Today blog, launched late last year at www.ufvtoday.ca, is home to stories ranging from news to events, and also features photo galleries and videos. The platform is also a way for the community to get involved by adding comments to stories, and sharing them on social media sites.
â€œUFV is an incredibly dynamic place with an abundance of great stories to tell on a daily basis that impact Fraser Valley communities,â€ said UFV marketing and communications director Leslie Courchesne. â€œWe wanted a better way to share those stories and shed light on the fantastic work and success of our students, alumni, faculty and staff, and showcase the strides weâ€™re taking as an institution.â€
Since inception, UFV Today has featured announcements like the Missionâ€“UFV partnership to launch a graphic design program, and events such as UFV faculty micro-lectures. The blog also highlights news stories, from the Globe and Mail naming UFV among the top universities in Canada, to the Cascades menâ€™s golf team winning bronze at nationals in P.E.I. Theatre productions, student fundraising initiatives, and awards have also been featured.
In addition, stories from the UFV campus in Chandigarh, India and full editions of UFVâ€™s Skookum magazine are available on the blog.
UFV Today has garnered nearly 25,000 pageviews in its first three months, and runs on WordPress web software.
For more information on UFV, visit the UFV Today blog at http://blogs.ufv.ca/