- Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus
- R.I.P. Bas Stevens
- BC Supreme Court rules homeless have right to public spaces
- Breakfast with the Chief
- Central Fraser Valley Transit Service Change September 30
- Parks and Recreation in Abbotsford
- The Way Forward for Abbotsford Today
- Unleash the Innerwild, then strike an Even Keel in the Envision Financial Concert in the Park Series
Breakfast with the Chief
Submitted – You can help make Abbotsford the Safest City in BC
Since its inception in 2005 the Abbotsford Police Foundation (“APF”) has been quietly providing a wide range of much-needed community policing and outreach assistance not covered by the annual operating budget of the Abbotsford Police Department (“APD”) www.abbypd.ca
The APF inspires innovative community partnerships with the APD. These partnerships enhance public safety, foster professional development and fund unique initiatives to help the APD achieve its goal of making Abbotsford ‘The Safest City in BC.’
This October 28 the Abbotsford Police Foundation is holding our first annual Breakfast with the Chief fundraiser: “Crime is Toast”. I invite you to attend and bring along your colleagues, family and friends to show support for the great work of the brave men and women of the Abbotsford Police Department. There is also an opportunity to get in ‘on the ground floor’ and show your support as a sponsor for this high profile event.
“Policing in Abbotsford works so well because of the tremendous support the APD receives from the community.
We are excited to have an event where we can touch base with the people we serve, provide an update on current challenges and work with the Foundation to raise money to add one more tool to “our belts” to keep both residents and our police personnel safe at high-risk calls.
I look forward to seeing you at our breakfast!”
Chief Bob Rich
Tickets for the breakfast event as well as information about sponsorship opportunities are available online at www.abbypf.ca.
Our goal is to sell out the event – we look forward to seeing you there!
Some of the initiatives the Abbotsford Police Foundation has funded include:
- The ‘APD mascot’ project: APD officers visit hospitalized children and bring them a stuffed ‘Hector the Protector’ – the APD mascot dog;
- The City Basketball Tournament www.abbypdbasketball.ca that annually sees some 750 players, coaches, managers & volunteers together with 1000+ spectators participate in 76 games at 8 venues across the city. Police officers participate on the organizing committee and are in attendance at every game providing a positive role model for our youth
- Providing advanced education and specialized equipment for our police officers
This year our focus is eliminating property crime. Our goal is to raise $40,000 to fund equipment, technology and programs to combat the growing issue of property crime in our City – head on. We plan to demonstrate this equipment and technology at the breakfast, which I’m sure you’ll find fascinating. As well, a portion of money raised will ensure ongoing programs continue.
Growing communities like ours face enormous pressures on available resources at the very time they’re needed most. The APD cannot directly receive financial contributions; however the Abbotsford Police Foundation is a trusted, practical way for you to support the work of our dedicated officers and enhance public safety in Abbotsford.
On behalf of the Abbotsford Police Foundation I would ask you to consider making a fully tax deductible donation* to support its ongoing work. Your contribution will go a long way to helping our dedicated police officers continue the challenging job of making Abbotsford the Safest City in BC.
We’re working hard to make sure that CRIME is TOAST. We invite you to join us.
Kevin Boonstra, President
Abbotsford Police Foundation
*We provide a charitable receipt for every qualified donation over $100.00.Visit www.abbypf.ca for additional information including the APF donation policy.