- Elsay Performs SaturdayPosted 1 day ago
- The Austerity Trap … It Doesn’t WorkPosted 2 days ago
- More Than Two Thousand Graduate From UFVPosted 2 days ago
- George Murray Responds To Questions On Chicken Manure Homeless InicidentPosted 3 days ago
- Books: New Research Institute Explores Works Of Lewis And TolkienPosted 3 days ago
- Our Collective SilencePosted 5 days ago
- Ernie’s ChallengePosted 7 days ago
- Free Mental Health Training Program Receives Extended Life From Local DoctorsPosted 8 days ago
Books: The Book Man Celebrates 20 Years Sept 18
On September 18 one of The Fraser Valley’s most loved businesses will be celebrating 20 years in business. The Book Man, in Chilliwack, will turn 20 this month and the celebration will be loads of fun.
For starters there will be 20 percent off everything in the store (except the staff). Cake, Tea Coffee and Juice will be available for everyone as well as a free photo booth and lots of activities for children and young readers.
- Story Time
- Puppet Show
- Origami Lessons
The Book Man is a family run, locally owned and operated used bookstore with a staff of fifteen unique and amazing individuals. We are currently the second largest used bookstore in the province of British Columbia, and have approximately half a million beautifully organized titles in a 5,000 square foot store.
Experience the unparalleled service and commitment to quality and organization that sets The Book Man apart from the vast majority of used bookstores. Our passion for books will amaze and delight you.Lose yourself in a sea of books, and enjoy an uninterrupted browse. Come see why our customers claim that “No other used bookstore compares.”
We are committed to our collection’s quality, selection and organization as well as ensuring friendly, comfortable surroundings to increase the pleasure of your browse. Our bookstore is a haven for readers. Half a million books are beautifully organized in our 5,000 square foot store by 14 helpful and knowledgeable staff members.
Our staff shares over 50 years of combined experience in the used book business, and we all pride ourselves on our genuine, outstanding, personal service that we provide to our customers. We love what we do, and it shows; we strive to amaze and delight readers of all ages.
We are constantly enlarging and updating our collection, adding up to 4,500 titles per week! Our internet sales and data entry department has over 20 years of combined experience in providing outstanding on-line service, and our shipping department is well versed at getting your treasures to you swiftly and safely.
Whether hardcover or paperback, rare, out-of-print, unique or garden variety, we select our books for quality and condition and to complement our collection, and in turn, yours.
* A huge selection of books, vinyl, and periodicals in 5 000 square feet of retail space in the heart of historic downtown Chilliwack.
* Up to 4 5000 new titles added weekly, available both in-store and on-line.
* Personalized request service for any titles that we are out of stock of; we will call you with our next available copy as a courtesy service.
* 72 major categories: no subject is neglected: paperback and hardcover.
* 850 authors’ works collected in 32 alphabetized cabinets. Authors are alphabetized, and on top of that, we also organize books alphabetically by title.
* Unique, out of print nonfiction.
* Specialties in Mystery, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Modern Literature, Metaphysics, Children’s Literature, History, Rock, Classics, Canadiana, Cookbooks, Film, Music, Art, Romance, Poetry, Plays, Military, Horror, Transportation (Air, Sea, Rail & Road), True Crime, and Antique Books.
* Children’s section with over 15,000 titles and a play area complete with tiny chairs and toys.
* Over half a million books in-store.
* Hand selected vinyl covering a wide variety of music genres; Classical, Easy Listening, Pop, Rock, Jazz. New albums added weekly.
* Heavily community minded, environmental core values.
Chilliwack Today’s Books Column, The Book Man’s Shelf Is Brought To You By The Folks At The Book Man In Downtown Chilliwack
Amber Short co-owns and manages The Book Man in Chilliwack, BC.
If you’d like to add to your book shelf, you can look on our staff profile page: